Quasar 2015 House mix version
- Release date
- Progressive House
- I improved the sound further. Not much has changed really other than fixing some mixing mistakes. I make lots and lots of mistakes due to ear fatigue so be careful and have a fresh listen to your tracks at least 12-24 hours later to accurately gauge levels.
For those interested in mixing mistakes and how to avoid them here is a list of technical changes to the track.
1: Kick too loud in comparison to rest of track (this is the number one reason for loss of definition and power to the track as a whole
2: changed the decay envelope of kick and the sample itself was too punchy on the high frequencies. I chose a softer kick with a rounded high end with a slight click rather than a smashed Hat cymbal.
3. Filtered down the loop in the beginning to only contain lower freq. content
4. added some new percussion on top tuned carefully to the key I used in the track.
5. All percussion in the track with low content is tuned with a spectral analyzer to the musical key. Either use one that tells you the Note to freq conversion or get a chart. (trick used by most professional producers)
6. brought in the Chord Pads earlier and more often. The mix is more lush due to this I believe.
7. added a few new pitch envelopes to the Arp riff throughout the track.
8. General broad stroke Linear Phase EQing of the entire track. and a high quality Fabfilter Limiter to push the signal hot without losing my dynamics.
That is about it. I hope someone can learn something from my mistakes.
- Compressed audio (OGG/MP3)
- File size
- 10.5 MB
- Downloaded / played
This work is released under Creative Commons
Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)
- See also
Latest progressive house tracks on BuzzTunes: